Saturday, September 17, 2011

Jalapenos and more Jalapenos

Our little garden did really well this year. We planted lots of jalapeno plants in hopes to make salsa and sweet jalapenos...turns out in ONE picking we got 4lbs of Jalapenos!!! 

My good friend Jessica gave me her recipe for the sweet Jalapenos and we were off!!!  We also decided to can pickles in the same day...so we were once again canning ALL day. 





Alex liked helping out with the lids, he got to use the magnet to get them out of the hot water, he did a great job too! 



Ken sliced Jalapenos for a LONG time, me...not so much, no way I was using that slicer. I told him to sue the food processor to slice them but he preferred the slicer. 



Here's all our pickles. Some dill, spicy dill, and some bread and butter.


And here's all our sweet jalapenos!!! We did buy some more so this is about 9lbs worth. It was a messy and sticky process with all the sugar but I think it's worth is. 

And look at that cute boy!!! 


This concludes our canning adventure for 2011. NO MORE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment